5 Innovative LEGO Construction Blocks that can replace CMU

From Belinda Carr.

The first 1,000 people to use the link will get a 1 month free trial of Skillshare https://skl.sh/belindacarr08231

While these concrete block walls have excellent fire resistance, sound insulation, and durability, their assembly is slow, tedious and expensive compared to other building methods. CMU block walls can also be affected by weathering, staining, and cracking, so they might not age as gracefully as other materials. In this video, we’re going to discover 5 new, innovative building block systems that could replace CMUs.

Please support me on Patreon if you can: https://www.patreon.com/Belinda_Carr
Video scripts and citations: www.carrbuilds.com
Podcast channel: www.youtube.com/BelindaCarrPodcast

Mics I use: https://amzn.to/3mQ0VaQ
Shotgun mic I use: https://amzn.to/41AynAS
Camera I use: https://amzn.to/3UPqnd9
Lens I use: https://amzn.to/3mTEKR1

0:00 Introduction
1:20 Polycare
2:58 MyIB
4:17 JustBiofiber
6:06 Sponsor
6:54 System3e
8:05 Gablok
8:58 Conclusion

90% of their block is a filler of natural sands and the remaining 10% is a liquid binder which fuses the sand together. The mixture is compressed in a mold to form an eco-friendly geopolymer concrete block. The blocks are 5 times stronger than traditional concrete, while using a remarkable 75% less material.

2 – MYIB
Their bricks are made of local soil with a clay content of around 30%. This soil is mixed with cement and water and compacted in a hydraulic press under very high pressure of 3000 psi. Their bricks have consistent tongue and grooves on the sides, circular bumps on the top and a void on the bottom. All these features allow them to interlock with one another. The company estimates that this construction method is 9 times faster and 90% cheaper than conventional brick laying.

The blocks consist of a biocomposite frame around which hempcrete is cast and cured. The heavy duty black frame blocks are used for tall walls, 30 feet high. The lightweight green blocks are used for standard residential construction up to 20 feet high. The inside and outside surface even have a scratch coat which makes it easier to apply the final lime and plaster coat.

Their building blocks are made of perlite, a natural material of volcanic origin. The blocks have a characteristic tapered and self-anchoring shape. They click together without the need for mortar, glue or water. These perlite blocks are fire resistant and chemically inert. They also provide good thermal insulation, sound absorption, moisture resistance, vapor permeability and resistance to pests and mold.

hese insulated, structural stacking blocks are meant to simplify and speed up the construction of homes. The outer container is made of OSB or Oriented Standard Board. The insulating core is made of EPS or expanded polystyrene with a graphite additive. The blocks are designed to fit together without any adhesive or fasteners.
Disclaimer: The Amazon links in this description are affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement or recommendation to products or services linked above, but i wouldn’t put them here if I didn’t like them! Your purchase helps support the channel and the video I product. Thank you!

This video was created for educational/informational purposes and qualifies as Fair Use. If you are the creator or own the footage featured in this video and have reservations please notify me via Youtube comments or email and I will accommodate you
#cmu #innovation #technology #concrete #ecofriendly #plastic #carbonfootprint