From Global News.
At least 16 people died in forest fires that swept through Chile’s Bio Bio and Nuble regions over the weekend, according to Public Security Minister Luis Cordero on Sunday.
Cordero told reporters on Sunday morning that 15 deaths had been confirmed in the region of Bío Bío alone, bringing the total death toll to 16 after the government confirmed a death in Ñuble on Saturday.
Cordero emphasized that evacuation alerts sent through the SAE system have been critical, with more than 87 messages dispatched to protect people at risk as fires continue to spread. The death toll may rise as specialized teams from Carabineros, investigative police, and firefighters complete assessments of fire-affected zones once it is safe to access them.
"Measures are being taken together with the prosecutor’s office to isolate the crime scene," said Public Security Minister Luis Cordero.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Follow Global News on X HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on TikTok HERE: https://www.tiktok.com/@globalnews.ca?lang=en
#GlobalNews


